Sunday, October 30, 2005

Still alive

Sorry for the lack of communication recently. It's our autumn holidays at the mo which means I've had no email access for a coupl eof weeks as I use the computers at school. So what have I been doing on my happy hols? The first weekend I had a training course with a few other assistants in a town called Meißen which is famous for its (very expensive) china. We had a good weekend and even managed some wine tasting on the Saturday evening! I spent Mon-Thurs at Ramona's house. She's the teacher who looks after me, she lives out in a little village and I really enjoyed spending time with her family and even trying to keep up with her 6 year old son! I chilled out Fri-Sun, but the big excitement of the weekend was finding a church - yey! It's very new and a bit modern and it's even got young people! One family has taken me under their wing and had me back to their house for dinner. I really glad to have found good fellowship at last - thanks so much to everyone who's been praying for that :) Will keep you updated.Will fill you in on the second week in the next post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynne, its been good to read what you've been up to so far in your German adventures. Im a little bemused at how popular your stripey socks are having read through some of the other comments. Does that include the freaky toe socks? Stripey or not they are just plain freaky!! Don't show them to your German friends or they will definately think the Northern Irish are weird!

Anyway keep well...and just remember..."its like a big cream cake"!

Richard.

Lynne said...

I'm not sure that it's the freaky toe-socks that make people think the NIrish are weird! I think it only takes a German a couple of minutes of just talking to me before they've reached that conclusion! But seriously, what is the big deal about toe-socks?! They're totally practical and very warm in the cold German winter. I think there may be a bit of a conspiracy going on as one of my flatmates from last year has also just mentioned the apparent freakiness of the toe-sock! But anyway, that aside, hope all's well with you and that your house is still as pristine as when my toe-socks visited last :)