Wednesday, October 12, 2005

German style celebrations












Just thought I would show a few photos of the very German event in one of my teachers' villages last week. It was the village's 600th birthday and they had a big parade with floats from different organisations. On the right is the float Gunula and her family decorated, and all along the route people had put guys like these on the left in their gardens but I'm not really sure why! After this there was a kind of fair where you could drink beer, eat sausages and buy old postcards of the village. There was also a 60 foot crane that you could go up in to see over the countryside but I have to sayI decided to give that a miss as it didn't look particularly safe and because I'm totally petrified of heights! The middle photo is me with Gundula. It was really cool to see something so typically German and to get to know Gundula a bit more.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Come on the blues indeed! Great to hear d&v are enjoying themselves and that mum is having some well-deserved time to herself!

Lynne said...

Hey Andy! have been trying to keep up to date with your blog as well - sorry I don't always have time to leave comments on there anymore:( Hope you're feeling much better now. Looking forward to seeing you in Nov for houseparty - yey!