Saturday, September 10, 2005

Weekend Happenings

Town is dead at the weekend – if a shop is still open at 12.30pm on a Saturday you’re doing well. Managed to acquire my German sim – reminded me how much I miss my English Sim.

Checked out church times – it appears that not only are the Germans content with starting school at the ridiculous hour of 7.30 (not that I can complain since I don’t start any day until 9.20, but it’s the principle), but also starting church at 9, am, in the morning, Sunday morning. So it’ll have to be bed early tonight!

The junior choir had a concert tonight which one of the English teachers took me to. The little boy I sat beside in 6th grade English was singing and when he asked me if I was going, I was glad I could truthfully answer yes! They did a “round the world in 80 minutes” and sang songs from around the world – they even had a whole powerpoint presentation to go along with it! It was fab! I particularly liked “What shall we do with the drunken sailor” for Ireland!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Windows Mobile information resources for Palm OS developers
Microsoft collected a bunch of articles to help Palm OS developers port their applications to ... Weblog authors are solely responsible for the content and accuracy of their weblogs, including opinions they express, and O'Reilly Media, Inc.
Awesome blog! You will be added to my favorites!

I have a ##work at home## Web site. It pretty much covers ##work at home## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time:-}

Anonymous said...

totally cool to read this,yeah