Monday, June 16, 2008

The end of studendom

So I should have realised as I wrote my last post about doing a PGCE that I wouldn't blog til the next year! I can't believe it, but I finish the course on Friday. It's been an interesting year - people keep asking me if I've enjoyed it, but I'm not sure that you're meant to enjoy the PGCE. I've survived, and there were bits that I didn't hate, so I think that's quite positive!
I've got a job starting in September at a school out by the coast. It's nice to be staying in the North East, but I'm a bit scared about this whole work thing. I like being a student, although this year has been a bit of a transition to adult working life (it's awful when you consider going into uni for 9am a lie-in). So now I have to pay income tax, national insurance, council tax, I have pay for all the things that go along with having a car, I need home contents insurance...the list goes on and on. I never realised how expensive it would be to have a job. Still, it'll be nice to introduce myself as a teacher, rather than as a student.

1 comment:

Beth said...

w00000T! congrats! :D and yes, you'll make a great teacher :)