Friday, September 28, 2007

Summer continued

So we arrived home from China, a bit sad, but ready to start our next summer adventure! After sorting out dad's luggage (which didn't make it from China, in fact hadn't even been put on the plane in China!) we headed north to Stirling for the wedding of a friend who lived across the street from us when we were growing up. Suzanne and Mike came back for the wedding so we had some extra time with them which was great.





Next up we went to the lakes for a week. My aunt and uncle have a cottage there which they kindly agreed to let us use. The five of us had a great time and Mike's mum and gran were able to come and join us for a couple of days. We even had nice enough weather to have a BBQ!









After the lakes, Suzanne and Mike went back to Manchester, mum and dad headed home to NI and I made my way across to Newcastle for Liz and Harry's wedding! It was really beautiful, quite traditional, and relaxed.






Then it was home to do nothing for a few days before Rose came to stay (sorry no photos yet - updated when I steal Rose's!), and then Phil and I headed off to Scotland to visit her mum (we went to the rare breeds farm, hence the second photo).





And I think that was it! I'm now back in Newcastle doing my PGCE (Secondary German and French) and I think it's going ok! More about that in a later post. We've had our church weekend away which was physically exhausting but mentally/spiritually refreshing, and I'm due to start playing hockey again this weekend - I can hear my muscles screaming in protest already!

No comments: