Thursday, November 24, 2005

Travels and teaching

Well, since you last heard from me I've been to the UK and back! I had a weekend in Scotland with all my lovely friends from CU at uni, and although not much sleep was had, I loved every minute of it! I think I'd forgotten how much God has blessed me with friends at uni - it just felt so natural and easy to chat with them, even about the silliest things! The weekend was filled with teaching, singing, hugs, catching up, pirates, drama, mud, and much much more! I also got a chance to see Em, Katrina and Becky who I lived with last year which was fab :) But, all good things and all that, so Monday saw me and Sim leaving Newcastle heading south for Peterbrough where I saw Sim's lovely flat before making him get up at 5 on Tuesday morning to take me to the airport - thanks Sim, you're a legend! Thankfully I managed not to cry my way back to Germany and once here, Ramona came to collect me - yey! It's really nice to be back but I still miss everyone loads. Thanks guys for a great weekend, for remembering who I was, for giving me a bed, and for listening :)

16th November was Buß- and Bettag here which is a public holiday to do with forgiveness I think! Haven't quite worked it out yet! But i spent the day at a teacher's house baking for Christmas (oh my goodness, they have such yummy food here!) and playing the Disney equivalent of Trivial Persuit (I won!). Since then it's been back to porridge - I'm really enjoying the extra-curricular English class with some of the Klass 10s (7 of them to be precise). We chat and play games and it's really relaxed. My teaching is coming along slowly althought there are times I find myself standing in front of a class thinking "what on earth am I doing here?"! Today someone asked me to explain the difference between using "will" and "going to" in the future tense...I had no idea! But I quickly grabbed my grammar book and gave them a brief run down and a few examples - I'm learning so much!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynne -just got used to emails and you geta blogspot!! not sure how this works but i guess this gets to you somehow eh?Andy thinks i know what i'm doin and i don't want to enlighten him!!so here goesDo you just get this wee box or can i drivel on for ever??
I enjoyed reading all your news-you are having a ball.Lovely to chat the other day at your mums and looking forward to seeing you Christmas!!
My friend Jenny and i are off to Nice on Thursday for -wait for it- 3 days!! Poor kids or should i say poor Andy??.Can't wait!!
We had snow todayand the kids made a tiddly wee snowman-Id send you the photo only i'm not that good-hey Ive just mastered blogspot!!
Maybe get A to do that!Well take it easy over there and i hope you get this
lots a love Rosie and Andrew
xx

Anonymous said...

Great to read your news - God seems to have surrounded you with saints and blessings! I'm so glad that your teaching is proving such fun and such a learning experience... I hope sometime to pick up some tips (but not in German!). My prayers remain with you. God bless.

Lynne said...

Hey Chris!
I don't think I've replied to very many of your comments so apologies! I really appreciate you leaving them, and reading the blog! I'm really enjoying the teaching but I wonder if that's because I'm not responsible for the classes and I only teach about 6 hours a week! I still get stressed and nervous going into a class, standing at the front and having 25 pairs of eyes staring at me.. I can't imagine how I would feel if I had to do that everyday for a long time!
Hope all is still fun and crazy in Newcastle!